- What are the main advantages of client server system?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of client server network?
- Is p2p illegal?
- Are thin clients worth it?
- What are advantages of peer to peer systems over client/server systems?
- Which of the following is a disadvantage of a peer to peer network?
- Why p2p is not secure?
- Is peer to peer faster than client server?
- What is the benefit of using a client server network?
- What is an advantage of the peer to peer network model?
- When would you use peer to peer?
- Which is better peer to peer or client server?
- Is p2p connection safe?
- Is p2p dangerous?
What are the main advantages of client server system?
Advantages of Client Server Computing All the required data is concentrated in a single place i.e.
So it is easy to protect the data and provide authorisation and authentication.
The server need not be located physically close to the clients.
Yet the data can be accessed efficiently..
What are the advantages and disadvantages of client server network?
3. Client-Server Network: advantages and disadvantagesAdvantagesDisadvantagesBackups and network security is controlled centrallySpecialist staff such as a network manager is neededUsers can access shared data which is centrally controlledIf any part of the network fails a lot of disruption can occur2 more rows
Is p2p illegal?
Sharing work or media through a peer-to-peer (P2P) network is legal if you own the copyright, thus you own the right to determine if and how that work is distributed. … However, it is illegal for you to download or share copyrighted works without permission from the copyright owner.
Are thin clients worth it?
Lower Costs In the long run, using thin clients will save you money. Because they have few internal parts, there aren’t many ways that the computer could physically break. In addition, they are easy to plug in and set up, which saves you IT costs.
What are advantages of peer to peer systems over client/server systems?
Advantages of Peer-to-peer networking over Client –Server networking are :- 1) It is easy to install and so is the configuration of computers on this network, 2) All the resources and contents are shared by all the peers, unlike server-client architecture where Server shares all the contents and resources.
Which of the following is a disadvantage of a peer to peer network?
5. Peer-to-Peer Network: advantages and disadvantagesAdvantagesDisadvantagesMuch easier to set up than a client-server network – does not need specialist knowledgeEnsuring that viruses are not introduced to the network is the responsibility of each individual user4 more rows
Why p2p is not secure?
Peer-to-peer networks can be very dangerous from a security perspective. … Usually you have to open one or more internet “ports” on your computer so that the P2P network can send files to and from your machine. The problem is that you basically cannot control what goes in and out of those ports once you open them.
Is peer to peer faster than client server?
In a nutshell, P2P is always faster. How much faster depends on data size and scale. The larger they are, the bigger the differences. In the example in the article, client-server took 3X as long to send a 100GB file.
What is the benefit of using a client server network?
Improved Collaboration: The server in a client-server network can act as a centralized hub for storing and sharing files. This configuration allows multiple users to access files and makes changes to a single centralized copy.
What is an advantage of the peer to peer network model?
Key advantages of a P2P network Easy file sharing: An advanced P2P network can share files quickly over large distances. Reduced costs: There is no need to invest in a separate computer for a server when setting up a P2P network. Adaptability: P2P network extends to include new clients easily.
When would you use peer to peer?
As mentioned earlier, P2P is used to share all kinds of computing resources such as processing power, network bandwidth, or disk storage space. However, the most common use case for peer-to-peer networks is the sharing of files on the internet.
Which is better peer to peer or client server?
Thus, client/server networks possess much more security than do peer-to-peer networks. Client/server networks also tend to be much more stable. In a peer-to-peer network, certain shared resources reside on each user’s machine. … Servers can become very expensive.
Is p2p connection safe?
The short answer is yes, but… P2P technology, like any other tool can be used both for good and bad (illegal) activities. It is the responsibility of the user to stay within the laws while keeping their data safe and secure. … P2P files may contain malware or spyware.
Is p2p dangerous?
P2P programs are most often used to share music and videos over the Internet. … Using P2P software can be, and often is very dangerous. Consequences of Copyright Infringement. Downloading and sharing files which contain copyrighted material is against the law.