It is every woman’s dream to have beautiful, radiant skin, but unfortunately not everyone is blessed with a flawless skin tone. There are many people who suffer from uneven skin tone, which is caused from too much exposure to the sunlight or other types of light. Uneven skin tone is basically where some areas of the skin are much darker than other areas.
There are various reasons for uneven skin tone:
- Excessive exposure to sun
- Stressful life style
- Wrong eating habits
- Smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
There are different methods of treating uneven skin tone:
- Microdermabrasion is a treatment in which a hand-held device is used to blows crystals onto the skin. These crystals gently “polish” the skin’s surface. Then, a vacuum tube removes the crystals and skin cells. As just the surface cells are removed, the skin isn’t damaged. This treatment requires a few session of treatment.
- Chemical peels give the skin an even tone which gives the skin a vibrant and glowing complexion. Chemical peels can be used to treat a variety of skin ailments such as acne and dark spots and pigmentation. At Dr. Mushtaq’s Skin Clinic clinic we use a deep chemical peel called Glycolic peel which lightens visible discolorations in the skin. Glycolic acid which is derived from certain fruits and plants assists in the skin treatment by stimulating new collagen and skin growth while allowing dead skin cells to fall off naturally It penetrates very deeply and quickly treating many layers of the skin at once.
The advantages of using deep skin peel are:
- Very effective in all types of dark patches or pigmentations.
- Rapid and easy depigmentation action
- Compatible with all skin types
- Light peeling effect
- Rejuvenates the skin
- Treatment can be used all year round
- Beneficial for acne patients
- Does not contain TCA
- High safety margin
- Brighter and more even skin complexion in only weeks.
Mandelic peel is also used sometimes to give the skin an even tone. Before we start the treatment we carry out a full consultation in which a full diagnosis of your skin is made and we also discuss the suitability, benefits and potential side effects with our patients.
At our clinic we provide an even tone to your skin by a new technology called fractional laser resurfacing in which we remove only a fraction of the skin by creating thousands of microscopic “wounds” surrounded by areas of healthy, untreated skin. As a result, the zones of untreated skin accelerate the body’s natural healing process and your skin surface heals in a fraction of the time it would require with full laser resurfacing. The treated areas on the other hand, stimulate production of new collagen, help eliminate pigmentation and provide an even skin tone. We have used this procedure in our clinic to give excellent results. Laser procedure is used at our clinic as it has:
- Less Recovery time
- Minimal Discomfort
- Excellent aesthetic outcomes