Hair fall or hair loss is a problem that affects people all over the globe. Like a glowing skin, healthy hair is also important in making you feel good about yourself. Hair loss happens both in men and women and even in children.
Hair loss may be temporary or permanent, and can have many causes:
- Hereditary- Nearly all incidents of androgenetic alopecia or otherwise known as male and female pattern baldness are due to family history.
- Major body stress- Hair loss may also occur when you are going through stressful situations on when you are ill or have undergone a surgery.
- Medication side effect- Certain medications used to treat arthritis, depression, heart problems, high blood pressure may cause hair loss.
- Medical Treatment- Cancer treatment which involves chemotherapy or radiation may cause hair loss but in these cases the hair grows back after the completion of the treatment.
- Poor nutrition- You may have lose hair if your diet does not include protein, iron, or other nutrients.
- Fungal Infection Of The Scalp- Tinea capitis causes the hair to break off at the scalp and results in flaky or scaly scalp.
- Hair treatments- Chemicals used to dye, bleach, straighten, or curling of hair can cause damage if they are overused or used incorrectly.
- Alopecia areata- the body’s immune system targets the hair causing hair loss, thinning.
At Dr. Mushtaq’s Skin Clinic we provide our patients with various kinds of treatment options that will help you to regain your hair and with it your self-esteem.
- We use low-energy laser to energize and stimulate your scalp to reinitiate the growth of hair follicles. Laser widens the faltering hair follicles and the energy is absorbed into individual cells of the body, resulting in renewed growth of formerly dormant hairs on the scalp. The person who seeks hair loss laser treatments while still in the early phases of thinning hair will experience the best results. Laser technology is used in hair loss treatment with great success and it has many advantages over other methods:
- Its non-invasive
- No negative side effects.
- Less time consuming
- Less painful than surgical option like hair grafts or transplants.
- No need to take any medication.
- Stimulates hair follicles.
- Stops the progression of hair loss in most of the patients.
- Increased hair strength and elasticity thus giving you shiner and thicker hair.
- Hair transplant surgery is one of the several viable options for treating hair loss. Hair transplant surgery involves moving scalp hair or hair follicles from an area with a lot of hair to an area with thinning hair or baldness. Single strands of hair, multiple strands of hair, or long and thin strips containing 30 to 40 strands of hair can be transplanted. The follicles and hair are removed from one part of the head with e a tube-like instrument called a punch graft or with a scalpel. We use stitches to close the opening made from removing the hair. The hair strands are then transplanted into tiny holes or slits in bald areas of the scalp. This technique produces natural looking hair on bald spots.
At our clinic we combine traditional methods like medications and advances in technology to give you optimum results. Before deciding on the type of treatment we consult with our patients and then decide what suits your needs the best.