In our quest to give you a perfect skin we have introduced laser technology in our clinic. In recent years, lasers, high-energy light source, have played an increasing role in cosmetic treatments. The introduction of lasers into cosmetic treatments has enabled patients to undergo procedures that once they would not have been comfortable undergoing. Laser and light skin therapies can be used to correct everything from wrinkles and acne to pigmentation problems.
Two types of lasers are used for cosmetic skin treatment:
- Ablative lasers can remove the unwanted, undesirable changes seen in aged, damaged skin while tightening and refreshing healthy skin.
- Non-ablative lasers are used to heat a certain area of the skin, and can be used by anyone who is certified to use this type of laser.
The advantages laser has over many other procedures are
- Its non-invasive
- Takes less time
- Recovery downtime is minimal
- Provides better aesthetic results than traditional time
- Minimal pain involved
- While treating the nearby areas are not affected.
At out clinic we use lasers to provide you with the best treatment options.
- At our clinic we use a new technology called fractional laser resurfacing in which we remove only a fraction of the skin by creating thousands of microscopic “wounds” surrounded by areas of healthy, untreated skin. As a result, the zones of untreated skin accelerate the body’s natural healing process and your skin surface heals in a fraction of the time it would require with full laser resurfacing. The treated areas on the other hand, stimulate production of new collagen, help eliminate pigmentation, plump up the skin and smooth out scars and other irregularities. We have used this procedure in our clinic to give excellent results for treating fine lines, wrinkles and creases, uneven skin tone, sun damage, minor scars, and age spots. Laser procedure is used at our clinic as it has:
- Less Recovery time
- Minimal Discomfort
- Excellent aesthetic outcomes
- We use laser skin tightening effectively to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and loose skin for a smoother and more youthful appearance. Laser skin tightening is a minimally invasive, non-surgical process that uses a laser to tighten skin by heating the collagen under the skin’s surface, causing the skin to tighten. Facial skin tightening is noticeable immediately after the treatment, and there is no downtime, making this an increasingly popular procedure. Additional skin tightening occurs over the next few months, but optimal results usually require two or three treatments about a month apart. This procedure works best when used at tightening the jaw and neck skin areas.
- Age spots, a sun damage and acne scar takes a toll on your skin. We at Dr. Mushtaq’s Skin Clinic provide our patient with a procedure called photo skin rejuvenation which helps freshen up your skin and also gives it an even tone. For this we use Intense Pulse Light (IPL) which uses high intensity light to penetrate just below the skins surface, damaging either the melanin that makes up brown “age spots” or the blood vessels that create broken capillaries. The skin repairs the damage, leaving you with a more even skin tone. This procedure is non-invasive procedure with very less pain involved.
- In case of severe dandruff problems we provide our patients with laser treatment. The laser treatment emits light, which passes through the scalp and stimulates the dead cell, which results in the falling of these cells, and therefore results in complete removal. Not only does this treatment cure the dandruff but it supports the body’s own ability to heal itself by focusing the light energy to stimulate the cell. This treatment is safe and effective as it is based on the established scientific principle that light has an effect on cell functioning. Before suggesting this treatment to our patients we check your scalp condition, skin type, and physical metabolism as it is not advisable for everyone.
- We use a specific kind of laser for this treatment called a quality-switched laser or Q-switched laser which is used to lighten skin. In this procedure a beam of light at wavelengths of 532 nanometers (nm) or 755 nm is applied to the skin. This high-intensity energy source is absorbed by the water, hemoglobin and melanin in the skin. The absorption destroys the dark spots and lightens the skin. Small dark spots can be removed in a few minutes. Larger areas may take more than 30 minutes. We have used this technology in our clinic at success rates huge patient satisfaction.
- At Dr. Mushtaq’s Skin Clinic clinic we use advanced Laser Hair Removal technology which is a very high-tech method of removing unwanted hair and is extremely effective in providing permanent hair removal. Before starting the procedure we spray the patients’ skin with a cooling agent then energy from the laser is passed through the skin, and is absorbed by the pigment in the hair known as follicle. When the energy is absorbed, the hair follicles are ‘damaged’, which impairs their ability to grow. Eventually the hairs fall out, usually within a matter of weeks. This procedure is a little uncomfortable, with a tingling or stinging sensation during treatment.