Wrinkles are the most common sign of aging. We all get them and we all want to get rid of them. As one ages your skin undergoes some changes. As you age the fat cells begin to shrink and the skin loses the elasticity that you once had in your youth and lines and furrows begin to form. These fine lines and furrows are wrinkles and they tend to occur on the face, under the eyes, around the eyes and on the forehead.
Wrinkles are caused due to many factors, some that can be controlled and others that can’t be:
- As you get older, your skin naturally becomes less elastic and more fragile. Decreased production of natural oils makes your skin drier and appears more wrinkled.
- Too much exposure to sunlight speeds up the natural aging process and is the primary cause of early wrinkling.
- Smoking accelerates the normal aging process of the skin, contributing to wrinkles.
- Facial movements and expressions, such as squinting or smiling, lead to fine lines and wrinkles.
- Women tend to develop more wrinkles around their mouths than men do.
Generally when we talk about wrinkles we often group them as one type. There are different types of wrinkles and at our clinic each is treated with a certain kind of procedure.
- Laugh lines or Dynamic Expression Lines develop from facial muscle movements over time. Crows feet are actually also part of this group. The best forms of treatment for this type of line are dermal injectable like Botox.
- Fine lines develop over time and are associated with aging and the loss of elasticity of the skin. When the skin is pulled tight, the fine lines tend to disappear. Treatments include dermal injections, microdermabrasion treatments, or laser skin rejuvenation.
- Permanent creases develop in people who spend too much time in the sun. The constant damage to the skin causes the creases. The best way to treat these lines is to stay out of the sun and to use a high quality moisturizer on your skin regularly.
- Gravity and aging cause folds in skin, which become more obvious as you age and unless you are blessed with great genes this is inevitable. Patients who want to reverse go through the face lift procedure.
- Dangling wrinkles are very similar to folds. A combination of gravity and a loss of elasticity and collagen cause dangling wrinkles. Facelift and Botox are used as a treatment for Dangling wrinkles.
At our clinic we provide our patients with treatment options that are best suited for their requirements. We are equipped with the best technologies available and we provide the best services at cost effective rates.
The procedures that we use are:
- Botox: We have been using Botox successfully to treat wrinkles and facial creases. Botox is the name of a toxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. Botox blocks signals from the nerves to the muscles so the injected muscle can’t contract thus making the wrinkles relax and soften. It is a non-invasive procedure which takes only a few minutes and doesn’t require anesthesia. Botox is injected with a fine needle into specific muscles with only minor discomfort to the patient. Usually it takes three to seven days to take full effect and lasts for four to six months. Botox is most often used on forehead lines, crow’s feet (lines around the eye), and frown lines but cannot be used on wrinkles caused by sun damage.
- Fillers: We use injectable wrinkle fillers to give our patients a more youthful look for a fraction of a cost. Most fillers fill lines and wrinkles in less than 30 minutes with results that can last from four months to more than a year. Injectable fillers or collagen stimulators are the latest weapon when it comes to fighting the visible signs of aging. There are many types of fillers now available to fill in skin lines and creases to restore a youthful appearance. Filler can also provide volume and fill in cheek and under eye hollows, enhance cheekbones, lips and the chin area. The most commonly used filler is hyaluronic acid which is a water soluble natural body protein; this is injected using a very fine needle into the dermal skin layer where they attract fluid to increase the volume of the treated area. Many patients prefer fillers as:
- They restore youthful appearance.
- Fillers provide volume to enhance facial areas.
- Effective alternative to facelift.
- It’s a non-invasive procedure.
- The procedure takes less time and the result can last for about a year.
At our clinic we use the very best in technology and high standards to give you the best results. If you want a skin that radiates youthfulness, come visit us and we promise you that you will not be disappointed.
Photo Skin Rejuvenation:
We at Dr.Mushtaq’s Skin Clinic provide our patient with a procedure called photo skin rejuvenation which helps freshen up your skin and also gives it an even tone. For this we use Intense Pulse Light (IPL) which uses high intensity light to penetrate just below the skins surface, damaging either the melanin that makes up brown “age spots” or the blood vessels that create broken capillaries. The skin repairs the damage, leaving you with a more even skin tone. IPL targets pigment below the skin surface to reverse signs of aging and sun damage. This procedure is non-invasive procedure with very less pain involved.
We all love to look young and beautiful for as long as possible but as we all know it is wishful think on our part, but having a facelift is the next best thing to rejuvenating your appearance and make your faces look a lot younger. This is a type of cosmetic surgery where the surgeon reshapes deep facial structures and repositions or removes extra skin tissue. At our clinic surgical facelift is performed as an outpatient setting with local anaesthetics and sedatives to help our patients relax. The procedure generally takes about two to four hours, after which patients are allowed to go home. This traditional procedure involves incisions around the hairline, front and back of the ears, and under the chin. Then the surgeon separates the facial skin from the underlying tissues and then stretches and repositions the skin. Any excess tissue is also removed before stitches are applied to close up the incisions. In our clinic this procedure is done by highly qualified and well trained surgeon who provide you with the best results.
Microdermabrasion is a treatment in which a hand-held device is used to blows crystals onto the skin. These crystals gently “polish” the skin’s surface. Then, a vacuum tube removes the crystals and skin cells. As just the surface cells are removed, the skin isn’t damaged. This treatment requires a few session of treatment.