Acne affects everybody at some point in their teen or adult lives. For some, the acne is mild and does not last for a long period of time, but for others, the acne can be severe and long lasting. Sometime acne can lead to severe and permanent scarring. Acne is created when the oil glands, called sebaceous glands become blocked. Trapped oil builds up within the gland, causing inflammation. The swelling within the oil gland can become so intense that the oil gland can rupture, causing further inflammation.
Fill The Form Given Below, Our Experts Will Contact You…There are different types of Acne:
- Whiteheads and black heads
- Papules which are small pink bumps visible on surface of the skin.
- Pustules which are red at the base and have pus on the top and are clearly visible on the surface of the skin.
- Nodules which are large solid pimples and are painful too.
- Cysts are painful, and are filled with pus. Cysts can easily cause scars.
Usually a prescription medication is given that you can apply to your skin (topical medication) or take by mouth (oral medication). At Dr.Mushtaq’s clinic apart from medications we provide our patients with a few other options. We consult with our patients to discuss with them which treatment is best suited for them.
- At our clinic we treat acne scar with a new technology called fractional laser resurfacing in which we remove only a fraction of the skin by creating thousands of microscopic “wounds” surrounded by areas of healthy, untreated skin. As a result, the zones of untreated skin accelerate the body’s natural healing process and your skin surface heals in a fraction of the time it would require with full laser resurfacing. The treated areas on the other hand, stimulate production of new collagen, help eliminate pigmentation, plump up the skin and smooth out scars and other irregularities. We have used this procedure in our clinic to give excellent results.
Laser procedure is used at our clinic as it has:
- Less Recovery time
- Minimal Discomfort
- Excellent aesthetic outcomes
- Microdermabrasion is a treatment in which a hand-held device is used to blows crystals onto the skin. These crystals gently “polish” the skin’s surface. Then, a vacuum tube removes the crystals and skin cells. As just the surface cells are removed, the skin isn’t damaged. This treatment requires a few session of treatment.
- Another method of Acne treatment that we use at our clinic is the use of chemical peels. During this treatment skin is exfoliated using mild acids and allowing dead skin cells to shed more effectively. Some of the peels we use are glycolic peels, salicylic acid peels and citric acid peels.
- We usually use Dermabrasion for severe scaring. This procedure involves removing the top layer of skin with a rapidly rotating wire brush. Surface scars may be completely removed, and deeper acne scars may appear less noticeable.
- We also use fillers at our clinic to improve acne scars. Collagen is injected under the skin and into scars to fill out or stretch the skin, making the scars less noticeable. Results from this acne scar treatment are temporary, so you need to repeat the injections periodically.